For more than three months, Australia has been ravaged by catastrophic fires and these have escalated to uncharted levels recently.
We have witnessed the tragic loss of lives, properties, wildlife and livelihoods with more devastation expected.
Our thoughts are with all of the families and businesses in affected communities, particularly those that have been directly impacted.
Here are a range of resources available to help you and your community through the recovery where needed.
Organisations offering assistance
- The Australian Tax Office has a dedicated page offering support for impacted areas with lodgement and payment deferral dates > Click Here. You can also phone them on 1800 806 218
- Banks stand ready to help customers impacted by bushfires. Read this article from the Australian Banking Association
- Financial assistance options are available from the Federal Government including the Disaster Recovery Allowance.
- Beyond Blue support service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to support the mental health of people affected by the bushfires on 1300 22 4636.
- Beyond Blue also has free information resources online. Emotional responses after a Disaster has information about normal responses to disasters, what’s beyond a normal response and some tips on dealing with the emotional impact of a disaster. More detailed information is available in the booklet Looking after yourself and your family after a disaster
- Assistance can be provided from charities including Lifeline, Australian Red Cross and Salvation Army.
- State Government support is available for SA communities affected by the bushfires, you can apply here
Make a donation (click to access)
It is during times like these we often draw on the strength of our community. If you want to show your support by donating, below are links to the local State fire services:
Help those affected
Help the wildlife
Most importantly, please continue to stay alert and remain safe.