Michael is the Managing Partner of DFK Gray Perry, and he has been advising business for over 30 years and has managed the business for over 25 years.
Specialising in business advisory, his key focus is taxation, business structure analysis, financial strategy and marketing – always with a focus on the people who run the business. Michael’s ‘people first’ approach makes him sensitive to ways a business can improve its culture, while still making intelligent and strategic financial decisions.
Michael believes strongly in the importance of service and community, and these two core beliefs have formed his philosophy as a businessman and as an accountant. He has broad experience holding senior positions on various boards and associations, both within the accounting industry and as part of community organisations. Michael’s clients appreciate his ability to forge positive and successful relationships, and his way of understanding their unique financial considerations.
In his personal life Michael has always been a traveller, seeking to experience unique cultures and places around the world. While a family man first, he finds balance in his life by regularly making time for walking, cycling and kayaking.
Michael’s key relevant experience includes:
- Working with and on advisory boards
- Delivering business structure and tax advice
- Constructing business plans
- Creating strategic advice documents
Michael’s past positions include the following community and business involvement:
- Chairman of City South Precinct
- Director Adelaide Fringe
- Member CA Small Business Committee
- Chairman of DFK Australia New Zealand
- Director of DFK International
- Franchise Association (SA) Executive Committee
Michael’s professional qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Economics, The University of Adelaide
- Diploma of Corporate Management
- Fellow of Australian Institute of Management
- Assoc of Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Assoc of Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrator
- Associate of Institute of Management Consultants
- Registered Tax Agent
- Justice of the Peace